If you want to learn about entrepreneurship and the law, join us at 3pm on April 28th!
[EDIT: My talk was moved to 3pm.]
I’m excited to announce that my topic, What Entrepreneurs Should Know About The Law, was selected as a presentation for WordCamp Kansas City 2017 .
You can buy tickets and learn all about WordCamp on their website.
If you are running a business, even if you are just moonlighting, you should consider how the law impacts what you do.
In our talk, we will cover the topics below:
- Business Organizations
- Including sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs, and corporations
- What it means to be a “S-Corp”
- How to form and operate a LLC
- Paying Taxes
- Federal, State, and Local information
- Estimated payments
- Your tax obligations for employees and contractors
- Intellectual Property
- Including copyright, trademarks, and patent issues
- Hiring People
- The difference between employees and contractors
- What is a contract?
- Oral contracts
- Best practices
- How to sign a contract
- An intro to both client agreements and subcontractor agreements
- Website Legal Terms
- Privacy Policies
Are you joining us?
*This article is very general in nature and does not constitute legal advice.