You can use this template to formalize your agreement with an employee. It begins with the key terms: job responsibilities and compensation. It then goes on to cover legal items like intellectual property and confidentiality; and includes many “optional” provisions such as non-compete, non-solicitation, and more.
Although you can delete it, this template includes language making it clear the employment is “at will.” That means either party (the company or the employee) may terminate the employment at any time.
What’s in this template
- Party Names
- Effective Date & Start Date
- Compensation (and Expense Reimbursements)
- Background Checks
- Paid Time Off
- Intellectual Property Assignment
- Confidentiality Obligations
- “At-Will” Employment & Termination Rights
- Entire Agreement
- Amendment & Waiver
- Governing Law
- And more